The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned. It outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. The way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information are also detailed within this policy.
This website and its owner takes a proactive approach to user privacy and take steps to protect the privacy of its users. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Information This Website Collects
What is this Information Used For?
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- Compliance with statutory and legal requirements; I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- On occasion, I may use the photos you have provided of handwriting/artwork and images of the finished product I have produced for sales and/or marketing purposes. If you do not wish me to do so you may contact me at any time to express this.
Terms of Data Retention
Cookies allow the website to function as intended, providing some of the functionality of the e-commerce service.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owner do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to e-mail submission process.
This website and its owner uses any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products/services they offer or to assist in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. Your details are not entered into any databases or e-mail newsletters unless you have expressly consented for them to be so. Your details are not passed on to any third parties. Unless you have otherwise consented to be entered into the MemoryThreadCo’s mailing list, your e-mails and contact details will be appropriately deleted at such a time as they are no longer required for the purpose of the intended correspondence.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Catherine Norris, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com.
Transfer of Personal Data Across International Frontiers
I do not store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. However, I do rely on third-party services, only as noted elsewhere in this policy.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
This website operates an e-mail newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Subscriptions are only processed through informed consent from the website user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK law, detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council (GDPR). All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR. No personal details are passed on to third parties. By rights, you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s e-mail newsletter program. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us using the electronic contact form.
e-Mail marketing campaigns published by this website or its owner are operated through a third-party service. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database, though this data is stored within the service securely and is not directly available to the service operators. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of e-mails, forwarding of e-mails, the clicking of links within the e-mail content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future e-mail campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each e-mail campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website participates on are subject to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website, nor its owner, will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or e-mail.
This website uses social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Resources & Further Information
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council (GDPR)
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide